Dear Mr Whannel
External Visual Imaging Surveys
We have instructed IRT Surveys Ltd and thevirtulab to carry out external visual and thermal imaging surveys of the roofs of developments.
The surveys will be used to provide information on the condition of the external areas of the property. The surveys are an innovative but quick and simple way to identify any building defects across high volumes of stock.
- The visual surveys will be carried out in daylight hours between the hours of 9am and 3pm. The thermal surveys will be carried out at night, between the hours of 7pm and 1am.
- IRT Surveys Ltd DOES NOT need access to the inside of your property.
- The infrared thermal image is taken of the outside of your property, from the street.
- IRT Surveys Ltd have made the police aware of the surveyors’ location and survey route each day that they are on site.
- The surveyors work in pairs and have photo ID badges.
As part of the survey process, an UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) or drone is to be used to capture images of the roof of the property. It will capture still images to allow a detailed inspection of the roof to be carried out. This allows us to detect problems with loose or missing slates, defective rainwater gutters, damaged masonry etc. The drone will also be flying in the evening as part of the survey process is to record thermal data. Flights will be kept to a minimum, but you may hear or see drone activity near your property during this time. Noise is very minimal.
We would like to assure residents that the data captured by the drone will only be of the roof structure. Cameras will point away from the building during ascent and descent and will only be focused on the roof after the drone is in position. The drone operators will require access to the back of your property to allow them to capture images of the rear elevations, we would appreciate your assistance in this matter.
The drone operator is carrying out the work in accordance with all current Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) permissions and guidance together with current legislation. They are fully insured and have the full authority of Loreburn Housing to carry out this work. They also hold Permission for Commercial Operations (PfCO) as issued by the CAA.
The surveys will start taking place on the 8th March and continue over a 3 week period, surveys will be carried out by the below team, we thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.”